Trip to Rexburg

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 8:52 AM

Wednesday, April 23, 2008


102_6253, originally uploaded by caine975.

People thought I was nuts when I said I was driving to Rexburg by myself. Lisa was graduating from BYU and Michelle was going through the temple for the first time. I wouldn't miss either in a million years! Luckily, last minute, my parents (who were originally going to fly) and Trisha decided to go, and drive, so we went together. It was very fun. We had some long stops, but the kids needed the stretch. A 13 hour trip, up and back. Not bad. I stayed with my best friend, Marci, for a day in Saratoga Springs. We took the kids to the Monte L. Bean museum (had to see the Liger!) in Provo, and the kids had fun jumping on the trampoline in the snow (NEVER done that before!), and playing "Zoinks" a Scooby Doo game. Then I picked up Tracey at her friend's house, and we headed for Rexburg. We all made the graduation by minutes, having time to change our clothes. Then the next day was all about Michelle going to the temple. Very AWESOME to have all my family there (aside from husbands). Then we drove back to Salt Lake for some shopping on Saturday, preparing for Michelle's upcoming wedding. I will save the shots of the dress for after the wedding. Surprise! We also drove by Brody Dezember's studio (Lisa and Brent's wedding photographer) and got to see the HUGE displays of them. Here is a shot from the outside window. I think he really liked their shots. There were, I think, 4 floor to ceiling posters from their wedding. Michelle and Dallin are using him for their wedding too! Can't wait for June! We also, hit Cove Fort on the way back, and took the tour. The kids love learning about pioneers. It was a WONDERFUL trip, and the kids (ALL 4!) are awesome travelers! Stew couldn't come because he had already planned a trip (it was his spring break) to Whistler, Canada, to snowboard. He was bummed he couldn't come, but I'm sure he wasn't too sad when he hit the slopes!

3 comments:

korie said...

WOW you are brave! Maybe I should try to drive to CA sometime... Looks like you got to do some fun snow stuff.

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

I've done the traveling thing by myself too. It's a little scary, but for some reason the kids do really well. They must know not to mess with mom under the stress!

Silly Monkeys said...

We have done the trip to and from SLC and CA many times. Our kids are great travelers too. It makes it easier to enjoy the trip. If you are in the area again, and need a place to stay your family is always welcome.