A Dynamite Whistler Adventure

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 7:40 PM

Monday, April 28, 2008



I thought I'd post what I was doing while Kristine was in Idaho. Now keep in mind that this trip was all planned and paid for long before the graduation trip came up. Please don't judge me and call me a deadbeat dad. While that may still be true, I don't think this is the evidence that proves it.

I've been going on trips with these guys (at least Scott [bro-in-law] and Andy [Scott's best friend]) for more than the last 15 years. There have a number of surfing trips to Baja, a trip to Whistler once previous, and countless surf / skate / snowboard sessions around the local spots. There is always a theme, or themes that pop up. This trip was Napoleon Dynamite quotes, and I think we exhausted nearly every one of them. Scott and myself are HS teachers and Andy is a college prof, so we hear stuff like this all of the time. Matt is a Dr., so he hears them also, so it was too much fun to be quoting Napoleon, Kip, Deb, Pedro and Uncle Rico. A couple of other themes popped up too, but the main one was definitely Napoleon. The video was made by the ubber-talented Andy Norman. Enjoy!

Stew

8 comments:

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Awesome video Stewbert! It was as if Warren Miller and Jared Hess had a love child and that love child made a movie.

Is Scott's forehead getting taller? Just kidding. Tell him I said hello.

Squamish and Whistler was my second area on my mission.

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

You were a lucky man! That is beautiful country. And yes, the forehead has enlarged.

Casey said...

that was pretty cool Stewboy, maybe one year your older and much better looking brother will get an invite for one of these trips. You know, since on the inagural trip to Whistler (you, Scott, Andy - w/ his 70's motorcycle style ski jacket, & nate), you borrowed my car and crashed at my humble abode for a couple of days! Not to mention, you(mostly nate)ate ALL of the oatmeal in house!! So, I guess that I will sit & waite for my invite!! Later--

Elvis Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elvis Brown said...

Stew-
You the man. I wish I was there throwing down the Napoleon quotes with a few Nacho Libre quotes mixed in. But I had to go to my wife's graduation.
Great video
Brent

Mad Queen said...

Okay, that was totally sweet... seriously, I watch the whole thing and I don't do that very often... the Napoleon theme was awesome. I laughed when Stew asked for chapstick...I knew what was coming. So dang funny. I am surprised how many quotes fit... "can you do any sweet jumps with that?" "what do you bet I can toss this football over that mountain?"... so funny. We watched that show recently with our kids. The funny part is that Emma never laughed and Jonas never laughed, but Shailey laughed tons. I guess there is some older humor in it that kids don't quite get. The only thing I would add... someone, somewhere, should have been making some sweet nachos or a dang quesadilla... just for the quote... my favorite parts. WAY COOL VIDEO... your friend did a fabulous job... really talented.

Looks like a fun boys trip! I wish Glenn would do something like that with his buddies. I do trips with my friends and it is nice to go, but nice to come back too... to come back to your "soulmate"..."you're just jealous that I am online chatting with babes..."

the best!

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

Well, Brent it's a good thing you went to Lisa's graduation, so you could sit in a hot tub with your soulmate.

Cynthia said...

stew,
i found your blog through casey's blog. hope it's ok that i comment here. your family is adorable ...and i'm sure there is an image that goes along with this blog to prove you are/aren't a dead beat dad but it doesn't show up on my end. might be classified as naughty by my web filter.

-cynthia