Little Boy turns ONE!

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 12:40 AM

Tuesday, December 09, 2008


IMG_6081, originally uploaded by caine975.

Well, this has been the fastest year I've ever known. Liam turned 1 on November 18. The Sunday, before his birthday, my parents and Stew's parents were coming to our Primary program, at church. So, why not have the party then. Ha ha ha. I am a counselor in Primary, so it was much more chaotic than I thought. But, once we got home, and everyone was eating and settled, we just enjoyed our little boy! He did not dig into the cake as I thought he would have. He politely poked at it, with a digging motion, and ate it one finger at a time. When he was done, he pushed it onto the floor. That's his game. (Not my favorite. ha ha) He's changed so much. He looks more and more like Kirra and Julia. He's got the "cookie cutter" look as the Van Buskirk's go. He used to be so chunky with short stubby legs, but not anymore. He's got the long skinny body, blue eyes, and the lightest hair of the bunch. It's almost red in the sunlight. He might be skinny, but he has the best mushy cheekies! We love our little boy, and are enjoying EVERY minute with him. He's just as loud as his sisters, he's got to keep up with them. He's walking every where. He HATES shoes, just like his Daddy. He's such a doll! I don't think he could get anymore love, than he gets around here. His sisters won't leave him alone! He loves animals, especially dogs, and always has a car in his hand. Now, we've just got to get him to be a little more flexible. :)

4 comments:

dallin+michelle said...

LOVED the scrunchy face! He is a squishy doll! Happy ONE to our little Liam... fun he and Anika turned one the same month-- this will help me remember Liam's age and birthday ;)

Unknown said...

HEY!!! What happened to chubber Liam??? Now he's a tiny thin Van Buskirk- in the long run it's better that way... I'm still fighting the Louis checks. Some of those pictures looked like they're from the 70s with the lighting.

Unknown said...

Again... this is Lisa not Melissa

Mad Queen said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Liam! How did I miss this post? I hope you only recently put it up or I am a LAME Auntie! He is a cutie. I love his messy redish color hair... I do think it is the lightest in your bunch. I love the end picture of him with his tongue hanging out. And way to go Momma who gave him a big party even on a stressful primary day... whoa! Give him a big fat kiss and squeeze from Aunt Tracey, she loves this guy!