Liam's Blessing Day!

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 10:32 PM

Tuesday, January 08, 2008


102_5527, originally uploaded by caine975.

Liam was blessed on Sunday. The girls wore their dresses from my sisters wedding and Liam was in cream also. Lynn (my mother-in-law) found her Grandfather's blessing outfit and we were so honored she let us bless Liam in it! It's Liam's Great Great Grandfather's. It's from 1864! Yes, it was a dress (true to the times), and Stew was not happy! I begged for WEEKS! Finally, 6 pm Saturday night, he approved! Lynn brought it over immediately, before Stew changed his mind! It was a very spiritual day! Liam was wonderful during the whole thing. I even had to stop nursing him early to make it in on time. He never cried once! But he was less squirmy when I put him in his pants and flannel!

7 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Yeah! Stew caved on the dress. How incredible to have your son blessed in an heirloom. What an absolute treasure. You know I am butter for stuff like that. How cool! I love the dress. Mom said it was super fragile. Wow.

Liam already looks so different. In his swing, he looks just like you! He is getting a more "round" look. I laughed that he was less sqirmy in his flannel and pants.

Did you get my present for him yet?

Love you all!

Mad Queen said...

Oh, and one more thing... now that I am seeing your "VISION" of the bows/ribbons in the girls hair for the wedding, I think they would have been very cute. I like the headbands too. All good. Your girls look darling. Oh, and we can't tell, did Kirra cut her hair?

Glenn Ostlund said...

Nothing says spiritual like a little dude in an old dress. Did you get one for Stew, too, so they could be matchy matchy?

korie said...

Hi Guys! Love all the pictures. I love your comment about Liam being happy in the dress when "mommy" was holding him. It was so true. I was thinking the same thing.

We got your Christmas card by the way. Sorry we didn't get Christmas cards out this year...
Love your green walls.

Silly Monkeys said...

Kristine it was good to hear from you on our blog. Congrats, on your little one. He is so cute. Your whole family is cute. Tell everyone hello for me. Will you tell Trisha Hello and sorry I was not able to see her family blog. Pass on my email address. Would love to keep hearing from you. Melissa:)

Mark, Robin, Mitchell, and Jarod Ormsby said...

Mom always win!! I had similar challenges with Mitchell, and oh yeah I lost.But I came back with a vengeance with Jarod. What that really means, is she picked out one I liked without having to complain. Family looks great. Next time we come down to SC, we will have to see all of you, since Trisha left a nasty-gram on one of my posts.....I deserved it though, I will take it like a man.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Congrats!!!