Living Room

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 9:19 PM

Monday, January 28, 2008


102_5580, originally uploaded by caine975.

We recently redecorated our front living room. I knew I wanted the green walls, but I couldn't quite get it all together. So, with the help of Trisha and Lisa, we moved everything around. The piano used to be where the table is, and vice versa. I love the idea that you walk in and see my gorgeous piano! The piano, we bought from some friends who moved to Hawaii and didn't want to take it with them. This man's grandma was the original owner. It was made in the 1940's. I have always loved the vintage style and 30's and 40's is my favorite. Luckily, Stew and I have the same taste. I had a lady from Chino give me all this old piano music, so we picked our favorites and framed them. The rectangle pictures behind the couch, were from Stew's grandma's. They are from the world's fair in NY, that they went to, in the 50's. My dad had given me an original print (from an antique store) of one of my favorite shows, "A Song is Born," with Danny Kaye and Virginia Mayo. So, it all came together with some really cool old things. The couches still need to go and be updated, but that's another paycheck. :) We actually spent $0 on this room. Besides the paint when we moved in, we had all these things in our garage and Trisha and Lisa put it in just the right places to look fabulous!! Stew did all the pottery work too. Anyways. I Love our new room! I always wanted a music room, and I think this looks GREAT! All I want to do now, is hang Stew's and my guitar on the wall, side by side. I think that will top it all off. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Mad Queen said...

WOWEE! That looks like a totally different room! I am so amazed. I really love the way everything is placed.. it just goes like bread to butter. I love how the pictures on the walls, the music ones, are all in different frames, but clustered together. Awesome. I love how the Song is born poster is on the buffet table with the mirror on top... that really changed the look. And cool old telephone... fun addition. Love the world's fair paintings too. It is awesome! Great job ladies! And I don't even notice your old couches... everything else stands out. Way to go.

Silly Monkeys said...

Wow! The living room looks Wow! The color pops. What a little paint and creative touches can make a room. You can always get nice couch covers to update your couches until you can buy something new. At first I didn't notice the couch. I love decorating my home. Currently, we are working on a bathroom and playroom for the kids. Next we will be mixing things up in the kids rooms and redecorate them to what the kids fav colors and interest. It is exciting to start a project from the beginning to the end. The end results are the best.

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

The room looks great! It's always fun to change things around for a fresh look. We are in the middle of remodling too. I can't wait for the finished product. Great job... sisters are great huh?!

Ginger Rogers said...

What a room! Can I have your decorator's name and number she's one hot ticket - once the word spreds her work will be too pricey for me so I'd like to get her while she's still the unknown professional artist! :)
Looks AMAZING! Even better in person of course! Love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!

Ginger Rogers said...

What a room! Can I have your decorator's name and number she's one hot ticket - once the word spreds her work will be too pricey for me so I'd like to get her while she's still the unknown professional artist who can decorate on a dime and shop in my garage for spectacular finds! Looks AMAZING! Even better in person of course! Love it love it love it!!!!!!!!!!