Liam is finally here! He was born Nov. 18 at 12:55 am. He came 3 weeks early and was still 8 lbs. and 20 in. Thank goodness he came early. The Dr. said he'd have been over 10 lbs. Yuck!! He is healthy and very strong. As the nurse was sucking fluid from his lungs, he was pushing against her. She said, "I thought you were 3 weeks early? How can you be so strong!?" His sisters are crazy for him! He gets plenty of love and kisses, and is always being held! We had a scare when he was coming. When they broke my water, it made my uterus contract like crazy, which was causing strain on him. So, they were worried and they never left my side. They were awesome! From the time they broke my water and his delivery, it was 20 min. When he was born, they found the cord wrapped around his neck TWICE! Luckily it wasn't tight. If I had him any later, it would have been very dangerous for him. So, that is why I was crying when I was holding him. I was so relieved and thankful he was here SAFE! Another neat experience was with Kirra. Kirra really wanted to be there for the birth. For the delivery, she had to wait outside. But after he was born, she got to come back in and she was just in awe seeing him. I look over at her, and she's very quiet and I can tell she's trying not to cry. She said, "I didn't know it would feel like this." We were all crying! Such a sweet spirited child! We are all doing great and recovering nicely! YEAH!! He's here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YEAH! We are so happy for you guys! He is so cute. What a big boy! Congratulations.
Oh, I love your sweet birth story for Liam! It made me cry too. Birthing is such an amazing experience. I love that Kirra got teary and her sweet words. That is what life is all about right? The circle of life. I love the photos... Kristine, you look stunning. Trisha is right, you GLOW! Glow baby glow!
I love you,
Tracey
Post a Comment