Arriving in WA

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 10:49 PM

Saturday, August 16, 2008


IMG_3347, originally uploaded by caine975.

We made it to our destination, Vancouver, WA. We had a family reunion there, with almost all my dad's family. (Michelle and Dallin were just married, and an Aunt couldn't make it.) It was quite the crew! My dad has 6 kids in his family, and that makes for 12 grandkids and 16 great grandkids (I think. It's hard to count them all). Needless to say, it was a very large group. Just the way my Grandma Oopeedoop loves it! It was a party! We started the Independence Day celebration on July 3rd, blowing up about $400 in fireworks. Then we blew some more up on the 4th, totally over $1000! I never realized my dad's family was so crazy! They were having so much fun blowing things up. At one point we all duck and covered as a "lady bug" came flying into the garage, causing only minor fire damage to a blanket. It was so much fun. Everyone got into the action with the fireworks. Also, on the 4th, Stew and I took a ride on a biplane. That was awesome. No cover or helmets. Just you, a lap belt, and the sky! My only problem was there wasn't enough dips and flips. (Lisa and my dad did it last year, and they said it was a lot more "roller coaster" then. Dang it!) But, a memory none the less. It was such a fun family reunion.

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Hey, did you not get the "biplane" pictures I sent to you of you and stew? Let me know and I can send them again.

AWESOME firework shots... I wonder what setting you had your camera on to photograph so cool! The one with Brent and the sparkler is amazing... wow.

Pretty picture of Trisha in the batch.

Also loved the one with kids in the car and wind blowing their hair with Shailey in the back... super fun.