10 Years Coming Right Up!

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 6:03 PM

Saturday, August 30, 2008


Waiting to deliver!, originally uploaded by caine975.

I tell my students that a little bit of cheese is good. A lot, not so good. Well it's time for a little bit of cheese. I'm trying to beat her to this.

Kristine and I will celebrate our 10 year anniversary coming up this Friday, September 5th. Throughout it all, she has been patient with me, and supportive of me. She let me grow as a man and has helped me develop as a person and father. She was supportive when I decided to ditch my career plans as graphic designer. I was already working in the field and this required me to go back to school and finish my degree in Fine Art and get a teaching credential, and student teach for 1 year. She has been accepting of my vices, namely surfing and snowboarding. I have enjoyed seeing her grow as a woman, wife and mother. It is evident that I married up, and I know that I got lucky.

One quote sums up our journey together so far.
"Life is just what happens to you, while your busy making other plans."
- John Lennon

This is one of my favorite pictures of her. It is literally 2 hours before Liam was born. Every picture I have of her is amazing, but in this one she looks incredible. Happy anniversary Kristine. I love you. Thanks for being my squaw.

14 comments:

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

seriously, she is the cutest pregnant girl ever! i remember in YWs hoping to look like sister v someday when i was pregnant! congrats you too- thats awesome!

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Oh the cheese! Just the right amount. Well done, Stewie!

TheHardyFamily said...

Congrats on the anniversary! Kristine I just found your blog not too long ago too! Thank you for your sweet comments. You are a very beautiful woman and so sweet. Stew is a lucky man. Now that we are not in your mom's ward anymore we won't see eachother that much. So I'll have to check out your blog to see you now. You guys have been very busy this summer!

wenselgang said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I was so happy to to hear from you. I've thought about you and our fun teenage years. I've loved catching up on you and your life. You look wonderful and happy as always! Talk to you soon - Emily

Mad Queen said...

Hubba hubba... someone earned some serious points with this post... score for Stew! I have to agree, I LOVE this picture of you Kris too. Kudos to you for looking so amazing just before baby number 4 is born... wow and more wow.

And yes, I think Kristine you are an amazing wife.. the most patient one out there who was supportive without a complaint through all of Stew's schools and plans.... he is right on that. You are a fine example to your big sisters on how to be the best wife.

Happy Anniversary you two love birds!

Casey said...

Happy Anniversary. Only Kristine could pull off a picture that good right before delivery. Amazing. And how nice to have a husband that thinks you are so beautiful probably when you are feeling the worst.

Oh! Also, I can't believe it's been 10 years. I remember when you guys were dating. Boy, how time flies.

Unknown said...

I concur on the cheese front. Too much cheese will only leave you constipated. LOL.....now I probably just grossed everyone out. Mission accomplished. kidding.

by the way, this pic of Kristine is fabulous. Before I finished reading your post, I thought this was a pic of her with your guys' first born. Her hair is so long and gorgeous and her face so youthful. Cross my fingers I can only be so lucky as her!

Sarah said...

This is the sweetest post! I love the John Lennon quote, it is so true. Happy Anniversary--my how time flies:)

Richelle said...

i am so glad that you found me! it's great to see your family and see what you have been up to. it looks like nothing but amazing stuff. oh, and happy anniversary!

steph said...

What a nice husband you are. I can't believe it has been 10 years also. Ryan and I started dating right after you had Kirra. Time goes too fast. Ryan and I are glad we have you two as friends. Now we just need to live by eachother.

mommy24 said...

I can't believe you found my blog! I'm glad you told me! I love your blog and your kids are so cute! Say Hi to you mom for me. We really miss her a lot!

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Um hello, it is not fair for someone to look so good right before delivery. :) 10 years! Geez, I hope we live to be as old as you guys! :)

Cara Fish said...

That was super nice, Stew! Good job! I have never met Kristine but would assume she has to be wonderful! Congrats on 10 years! That is a big deal!

Cara (Nielsen) Fish

the monroe family said...

Hi Kristine,
I will definitely give Amy your email. I'm sure she would love to get in touch with you as well.

Briana