First Stop for the Summer, Sutter's Fort

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 11:00 PM

Monday, August 11, 2008


IMG_2879, originally uploaded by caine975.

We took a trip to Vancouver, WA for a family reunion at my Grandma Oopeedoop and Papa Speed's house for 4th of July. We took our time getting there and made our first stop in Sacramento. That's where we met up with my family and toured with them. Stew's grandparents lived there for years, so we made some stops at Stew's memories. We got to see the house of his grandparents. They have passed on, and it was special to be there. It was fun to share that memory with our kids. Kirra will be studying California history in school next year, so we made sure we stopped at some good CA tour spots. The girls enjoyed Sutter's Fort, and even bought their own chinese fans at the gift shop. Liam loved the canon that shot off at noon, and was unaffected by the boom!

6 comments:

Mandy Coffey said...

How FUN! How long was your trip? Did you drive the whole way?! Brave parents! Especially with a little one like Liam!

korie said...

Wow what a drive! I have done it many times! You guys got some great pictures!

We are just waiting for the house to sell...so who knows when we will be back?? It's a little scary with the baby due in less than 10 weeks.

steph said...

I love the pictures. I like the change you have done to your blog. You need to teach me.

Mad Queen said...

Great shot in front of the sign... missed taking that shot in my batch! I LOVE the photo of Julia upside down on top of Liam in the stroller... that is a great shot! Fun to see the photos of Jonas in his "zorro" hat... walking so casually as if he does not have a 5 foot sombrero on his head.

Sorry I ruined your family photo while I was yapping with the tourguide in the background... did not know I was going to be in your photo..ooops.

And what is that first picture of stew in front of a house... isn't that his parents house? Not sure how it fits in the sutters fort batch.

LOVE THE NEW BLOG DESIGN... super job stew! You have talent my friend.

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

That photo in front of the house is actually my grandparents old home. Both of them are gone now and that house holds some special memories for me.

Cindy said...

What a great shot of your kids!! They are sooo cute!