Halloween!

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 11:47 AM

Wednesday, November 12, 2008


IMG_5723, originally uploaded by caine975.

I couldn't resist, but to blog this as my opening picture! He wears this almost every year. His students don't quite get it, which he loves even more. The best was one student asking, "are you Hannah Montana's dad?" Not, Billy Ray Cyrus. Very funny! The girls had the day off from school, so instead of carving pumpkins this year, we made a mess making cookies. The girls loved it! I took the girls around the neighborhood, while Stew passed out candy. The best was, he brought home a projector and we projected the movie Nightmare Before Christmas, on our curtains inside. Our curtains are sheer, so it showed up outside. It was a big hit! People stopped to watch all night. After I went one side of the block, then it was Stew's turn. Kirra and Julia chose the same costumes, but this time Malia decided to be Dorothy. An old costume I made for Kirra, in first grade. She was beautiful. Liam went as a dirty boy. But, then again, that wasn't a costume. :) It was a quiet Halloween and that was very nice!

8 comments:

Tara said...

Stewy you look good with golden blonde hair!

Silly Monkeys said...

When I see Stew dressed up like this with the hair. First thing comes to mind..."Waynes World, Waynes World."

Mad Queen said...

Ha-larious OR HAIR-larious.... too funny. Great opening. Love seeing your girls baking halloween cookies... fun Momma! Favorite pic is Malia and her gorgeous eyes from the ground level... super cool angle. Love the idea of projecting a movie on your curtains... VERY festive of you guys... way to go on that one! I can't figure out who Kirra and Julia are for their costumes... Kirra is maybe a gypsie? Love your Halloween deocorations too. Cheers!

Taylor and Jacob said...

Love the "white trash" mustache! Your family is adorable!!

Ginger Rogers said...

HOW do students not get it????? It's AWESOME!!!! It seriously cracks me up! The best is the hat and stash with it! :) He's got to be the coolest teacher on campus. I remember those "young" cool hip teachers that all the girls had crushes on......
Ok, and the best is that they said "Hannah Montanas Dad". Hello how old are we? Somebody pinch me!

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

Strangely enough, this looks somewhat natural. The kids don't get it, because they think you have to be somebody. They kept asking, "who are you supposed to be?". Why can't it just be a beard, a wig and a hat, so that I'd be white trash. They are too much in the mindset where you go down to Target or Party City, or wherever and buy a costume for $20-$40, wear it once and then proceed to throw it away. What is more American than that?

dallin+michelle said...

somebody arrest chester.

and kirra in the stroller... those long striped legs! laughing....

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Why didn't Stewie dress up?