Go, Bulldogs!

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 11:28 AM

Wednesday, November 12, 2008


IMG_5649, originally uploaded by caine975.

We went to Stew's homecoming game. Not his alma mater, but the school he teaches at. It's always fun to see the cheerleaders, floats and the new queen. That's why I go. The best was to see the difference with a son. Liam could care less during half time, but as soon as the football players came running back out, he was glued to the field, pointing. We also went back to Stew's class room to see the new art work up from his students. He's a great teacher! We didn't have any colors to match the school, maroon and gold, but Trisha let Liam borrow an old jersey of Greyson's. Liam and Greyson are best buds. I think they try to stick together, with all the female energy around. :)

6 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Love the first family picture in Stew's art class.. that is a moment captured that will be forever special... young kids in Daddy's classroom, posing in front of the artwork he help them create... super super cool. Love the football game photos too... Mr. teeny jersey and jeans, oh my gosh. Love that you are supporting Stew's teaching school... Go Bulldogs!

Ginger Rogers said...

Yes, Greyon and Liam are BUDS!!! He adores Mr. Liam....as well all do of course. But, Greyson feels a special connection to his boy cousin. Anytime Liams around.....Geyson has to hold him, or play with him like it's his little brother. I'm so happy Liam wore Greysons jersey! SO DANG CUTE!!!!! You well know.....we love him! Thank you Stew for letting me come and feast on the fun of High School! I had such a great time seeing your stomping ground....as an adult of course.

Ginger Rogers said...

P.S...
I meant as an adult cause we all know where you came from...
"You wanna beat don lugo, don lugo, don lugo. You wanna beat don lugo....ah ah I don't think so!" :) Is that the way it's spelled??????

dallin+michelle said...

wish my high school art teacher looked like stew...raaaar. hehehe kristine make sure you keep tabs. mine was an old man. and trish... you would remember stew's high school cheer. i can hear stew singing it now... "you wanna beat don lugo..." i'm totally laughing... :)

Lisa Brown said...

Very fun pictures! I must say my family sticks out like a sore thumb in the "909." We're the white smiling happy family in the bleachers. (Take a look at the folks in the background.) I guess it's been a while since I've lived in CA. SO fun to be a part of HS life! Especially from the teachers perspective. Your kids must feel so special! Cute!

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

Uh, Lisa, it's not the 909, it's the 626. And yes there is a large Latin population as well as Asian (mainly Chinese) in West Covina. They are wonderful people.