Beach Trip with the Z Family

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 11:30 AM

Friday, September 26, 2008


IMG_3917, originally uploaded by caine975.

We took a trip with Tara and Scott and the boys to the beach. We had fun doing the normal beach things....waves, sand castles, shells. We always bring a large shovel, because digging a huge hole is way more fun than using a small plastic hand shovel. :) We even got to see Noah and Caleb catch their first waves. They were awesome. Stew can't wait for one of our kids to pick it up! We had a bonfire and stayed until they closed us down. Thanks to their neighbor who put on a new roof, we had plenty of firewood! Stew got creative and made a "sculpture" out of the wood, and the kids soon followed and built their own things. They even made a cool bench to sit on while we ate our dinner. I love living in CA! Nothing compares to the beach with waves and a bonfire! It even makes hot dogs taste better! Yum!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I agree!! The beach is my favorite place on earth. I miss Ca. for that reason. I took the kids this summer to San Diego, La Jolla Beach, and they loved it! I have a mock beach in my backyard with a bonfire pit, it's just not the same!!

Mad Queen said...

Fun to see you do family stuff with your other cousins... I am happy your families can be close! Kudos to Caleb and Noah for catching their first waves... Uncle must be proud! And yes, I do love the beaches of California... the home of my fondest memories.

dallin+michelle said...

okay kirra has got a swimmers body! so fit! sigh... beach days. those WERE the days. it's obvious you didn't take mom that trip, the sun was actually out ;) don't have much beach here, only lakes-- SO not the same-- points for CA. but oh the fall in GA-- GORGEOUS, points for GA.