It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 11:45 PM

Monday, January 26, 2009


IMG_6541, originally uploaded by caine975.

Here are some pics of us getting ready for Christmas! I think my favorite part is the lights! My favorite are the rainbow colored lights! I love taking pics with the lights glowing. Liam had a blast playing with the lights. He actually was never a problem with the tree and decorations. He did have his favorites though. He loved the bulbs and brought them to me frequently. :) The girls decorated the tree ALL by themselves. I only did the lights. It was very fun to watch them climb the stools and fill in the blank spots. They did an awesome job. They also made some Christmas pictures to hang up. They are so festive! We also had a friend join us.... a caterpillar came out of our tree. Yes, we are one of the few left still buying their tree. It's a favorite tradition of ours. Kirra found the caterpillar on the ground. They were so amazed by it. It's hard that they don't have the "nature" I had growing up. They've never held a baby chickie! The caterpillar, I think, was dying. It only lasted a week. Kirra named it and even made a "house" for it out of a shoe box. Pictures on the walls, a pillow and everything. Funny thing, it actually slept on the pillow more than anywhere else. Kirra loved her temporary pet.

1 comments:

Casey said...

THis is our first year NOT having a real tree. I finally convinced Tim that it is more economical and I love that I don't have to put the lights on anymore. But just so you don't feel alone, there are tons of people out here that buy real trees still because I think the dad's love to be manly and chop down their own trees.