Ward Christmas Party

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 12:23 AM

Tuesday, January 27, 2009


IMG_7035, originally uploaded by caine975.

The girls were so excited to see Santa. Being in the primary presidency, I helped with the program. It was CRAZY! We do NOT have a small ward. With over 100 kids, it's chaos! Then add a Santa. And he was NOT very fast. I guess he was being a "true" Santa. He was very patient. The best was when his beard and wig started to fall off! LOL I was standing right there helping, and he turned to me and said, "I might need some help." It was hilarious, and yet, the kids never questioned that. Kirra said, "I know he's just a helper." Love the innocence! Kirra was an angel, Malia and Julia were in the chorus, and Greyson got to be a wiseman. They were all so cute!

I forgot to mention how the evening went:
*arrive for a nice ham dinner, but get asked to play some music for Santa to arrive. Then find out there is no music. Feeling obligated, I rush home and get my books. (we would sing a capella next time)
*Get back to eat the yummy ham dinner, but then be told it's too late, Santa's coming now.
*play the piano for Santa. Kids get in line, like wild animals.
*Want to eat what's left of the cold ham dinner, only to see the mob on Santa. NO ONE is stopping the kids. So, I (being bossy enough) get the kids to line up orderly and stand BACK.
*Line goes smoothly and LONG.
*No dinner is left.
*Primary Program time. Chorister not there, so I get to fill in.
*Parents won't SHUT UP enough to hear the kids! After some heavy talking in the mic, they finally listen. Kids sing wonderfully.
*Clean up the program mess.
*Stop at the McDonald's for a quick happy meal on the way home. LOL

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Love it... ward dinner and you ended up with a happy meal! Cute pictures. I love your story too... you think you are so yellow... that story says RED all OVER IT! Girl, you need to take the color code test again. Lucky the ward has such a spontaneous musical person to just play as needed... you are amazing.