Dance Time

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 12:56 PM

Friday, September 11, 2009


May 2009: It was a crazy month in May. I had a wedding and a funeral on the same day. The dance recital and my piano recital combined. And my preschool "graduation". The month went by very fast! Thank goodness. The recital had some glitches, thanks to the school. (ha ha) But it was very successful! The costumes were amazing! Kirra was in a tap class and a cheer class and a combo class for the opening and closing numbers. She had to memorize 6 different dances and 4 cheers. I don't know how she did it! Malia had 3 dances, and Julia had 4 (her class got to big and it split. She kept some of her old ones and added new ones). Kirra's: LaBamba (purple skirt), Beat it (pink hat), Dancing in the Moonlight (pirates), and the tiger ears was cheer dancing to Eye of the Tiger. I didn't have pictures for 2 of the dances. Malia's: Pineapple Princess (grass skirt), All Shook Up (pink and black tutu), and Sukiyaki (kimono). Julia's: Lion Sleeps Tonight (safari hat), Danke Schoen (flowers in her hair), Black and White by Michael Jackson (zebra prints) and Conga (pink/blue/green very bright colors). They were AWESOME! We were so proud. Kirra, Malia, my dad, Greyson, and Katie and Jacqueline (my cousins) all performed for piano. I had 28 piano students performing. It was very full! Great job everyone, including Trisha who is the BEST dance teacher EVER!! Stew was in charge of taking pictures, as I was behind the scenes shuffling kids on stage, moving the piano back and forth, and open and closing the curtains (which is a WHOLE other story!). But, in his defense, he was dealing with Liam, so that is why some of the shots are a little blurry. Wiggly kid! :)

0 comments: