Road Trip

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 10:53 PM

Saturday, September 12, 2009


I had to post all the signs and states we went through. It was an amazing trip! We traveled through 9 states (only got to wave to Iowa and Ohio across the river), over 2500 miles, about 40 hours of driving and our kids were still happy. We have GREAT travelers! Thank goodness! We rented a van when we got to Indiana. It's the only time you will ever see us driving a mini van. LOL The kids were thrilled when they were told it had a DVD player. I'm not a fan of TV in the car, and I'll never own one, but for this much driving, we were glad we had it. We limited them to 1-2 shows a trip. The longest driving day was 10 hours. Not too bad. The shows even entertained Liam until he fell asleep. I love road trips, and I'm so glad I married someone who loves them too! We love driving, sleeping in the passenger side, and eating fast food. ha ha Great times! We had the best 26 days of vacation ever! Thank you to our family who made it possible! We flew home from Indiana and the kids were so sad. But, thank goodness they had an airplane to occupy their thoughts. :) Some slept, some read, some colored, and Liam got to watch a movie on the IPod. But, you must ALWAYS remember to read the airplane safety instructions! And what a better way to pass time in between flights, than running on the moving walkway! On our way home!

4 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Hey, I thought you guys were switching to Blogger? Or maybe you did, but you still do Flicker photo... don't like how you have to click on each on and then click them all backwards to get to the comment page... whew, it is work!

Love all of the state signs...except the one with me in it... where did that one come from... crop me out and just keep the sign...ha! I love road trips too... I am a sucker for them... talking, music, seeing America...love it!

Cindy said...

What a fun trip. That would be fun to go with a big group of people. I love to travel, but not so much with kids younger than three. Your family pics are adorable!

Mad Queen said...

Hey, like the slide show! Aren't the state signs so fun to post with your trip?... you guys did some fun traveling. We love you!

Lisa Brown said...

I love the Van Buskirk family! And I miss you all terribly! At least I got to spend a part of your travels with all of you. So fun seeing all the state signs- a good family tradition that was started in 1988? However, I didn't see Nauvoo in there. Remember that LOOOOONNNNGGG drive back? YUCK! I felt like Donald Duck with 100 lbs weights on my eyelids. LOVE little Liam- I just can't get enough of him especially watching a movie on the iphone hilarious! It looked like you made some serious fun memories this summer! LOVE YOU!!!!