After leaving Indiana, we drove 10 hours to Michelle and Dallin's. I tried to cut down the pictures, but there were too many I wanted to save. So, skim through the ones you like. I couldn't decide. You have no idea how many I did delete. LOL Well, their house was very small, so Stew and I were "forced" to stay at the mansion. Michelle is a landscape designer for the Glenridge Mansion in Sandy Springs, Georgia. Very cool history there. It is being used for the new series on CW "The Vampire Diaries". They use the mansion for the house of one of the vampire brothers. (It had it's pilot on 9/10) It is huge! (the mansion that is) The picture of the bed, I posted, is the bed we slept in. I felt very little in such a huge bed! It was so fun! As soon as Michelle showed up with a dog, Liam and her were best friends. And then she let him drive the polaris. Heaven for this little boy! She took him for walks many times! Anywhere Anika was (the dog) Liam was! Some quick updates in GA: We saw Stone Mountain laser show. Awesome! Totally recommended to do at least once. We took the MARTA to Atlanta and saw the CNN building, the real hummer from Desert Storms, and the Olympic Rings fountain. We toured the grounds for the mansion, we walked the labyrinth, and played with the life size chess game. While touring, Julia tried to go into a door, and Kirra screamed... SNAKE! There was a huge rat snake (completely harmless) inches from her leg rising up to strike her in defense. Julia ran away and was unaffected. Malia was more traumatised than anyone. ha ha We got to see Dallin play on his basketball team, and Michelle play at her softball game (double header). We had church in Michelle's ward and went to their Sunbeams class. We just had fun being anywhere with Michelle and Dallin! It was beautiful there!
Stop #3... Georgia
Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 11:22 PM
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm thinking deja-vu... baseball game, Glenridge hall, Stone Mountain, CNN... all too familiar, just a week or 2 later...ha! I don't see any Cabbage Patch Hospital? Nope, not us neither. Fun times!
That's so cool that you got to see the laser show! I remember when I was about 10 I was in Georgia visiting my aunt an uncle and they took us to Stone Mountain. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It's great that 22 years later they still do it. Glad you had such a great trip!
Again... what a trip you guys had! You've done SO much! Funny about Liam- I spent a whole week trying to get him to warm up to me (I usually don't have to try so hard) but failed miserably. A DOG??? Why didn't you tell me we could be best friends with a dog! I would have rented one for the week. Sheesh! Loved the softball pictures of Michelle- I'v haven't seen you in action for a long time! Go girl!
Post a Comment