Our last stop was IN again, for 7 more days, and then we had to head home. We squeezed all we could in such a short time. We hiked, swam, made about 20 PB&Js everyday, saw the movie Up, had ice cream at the Chocolate Moose (my choice. BEST shakes ever!), had Mama Bears pizza quite a few times (too die for!), went to the Farmer's Market (at least the others did with Kirra. I was sleeping in. ha ha) and I think Tracey made about 5 batches of popcorn every night! And we're not talking microwave. It was in a pot with oil. So yummy! The kids had movie night upstairs while the adults had movie night downstairs every night! We had a barbeque on my parents "land" (as we like to call it). They have 20 acres there that backs up to Hoosier National Forest. It is so peaceful there! And the kids can run free! The kids took turns pushing each other on the tire swing, even I got a turn! (Kirra can be quite strong) The kids got to fish for the first time, but unfortunately they didn't catch anything. My parents have a pond on the property with catfish and bass, but nothing was biting. Darn. :) Stew found his new inner peace by mowing the lawn. I think he mowed it at least 5 times. (there is quite a lot to mow, especially after months of not being mowed) It truly is a heavenly place to be! It was a great ending to a very fun trip.
Last Stop... Indiana
Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 10:18 PM
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We had the BEST time with you in Indiana! So happy Stew got to come too... what a terrific family vacation. Love your comment about all of the pb&j's and popcorn... I felt appreciated :). Swimming, BBQ, movie nights, we had a good time! Love you guys.
I love Indiana! When people ask "why Indiana" as far as Mom and Dad go... just show them these pictures especially of the GORGEOUS land and they'll know why. Such a peaceful, simple, and beautiful place. So Mom and Dad... when are you moving?
Post a Comment