Not for the Faint Hearted!

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 1:29 PM

Friday, September 11, 2009


I posted the "after" picture first, to warn you with weak stomachs, these next few pics are a little graphic. Julia is a very brave girl. Many times she'll be bleeding and we'll say... what happened? She'll laugh and say... I don't know. :) She always has some new bruise that she can't explain. Well, this time I saw it in action and it was a little more dramatic. She was riding on her daddy's skateboard on the patio, on her belly. She went a little too fast and crashed into the sliding glass door TRACK! It was bleeding bad! She did cry over this one. Her tooth was loose and the bleeding wouldn't stop for over a few hours. The next day I took her to the dentist and they X-rayed it. Just as I thought, she had cut clean through the root and her tooth was hanging by the gums only. They are letting the tooth heal naturally and monitoring it. Thank goodness it is only a baby tooth. In the X-ray, you can see root, space, and then tooth. Crazy and very cool! They said it should fall out naturally and the big tooth inside looks good and unaffected. She lost her tooth last week (since these posts are very far behind). She looks so cute with her missing tooth! Now to make her a pillow. :) These pictures were actually taken 2 days after the accident and it looked a MILLION times better than day one! I meant to take a picture the day of, but life got in the way. :) The teeth on the sides of the broken one, have gone black from the bruising. But, luckily very lightly. Now getting a normal picture of her is very tricky. She usually has her tongue hanging out. She makes us laugh! She's very brave and loves to show off her teeth. The blister healed within 10 days! Amazing how the body can heal!

1 comments:

Mad Queen said...

Horrible... I never saw these! Good thing she is so darn cute! She is a button and I love that she would sneak up to me and take my hand... she knows how to melt her Auntie's butter :). Squeeze her for me!