Kindy 500

Posted by Stewart Van Buskirk at 10:41 AM

Friday, March 28, 2008


102_5836, originally uploaded by caine975.

Malia's kindergarten theme this year is race cars. They had a Kindy 500 race, and everyone had to make a car. Malia wanted a princess car, (surprise, surprise) but instead I convinced her to do an ice cream truck. (easier) She did everything herself, of course, except the hood. :) She was so proud.

5 comments:

korie said...

Love the ice cream truck! Those kids sure got into it. Malia looks so proud.

Mad Queen said...

Great idea! I LOVE how the license plate reads "ice princes" and is framed with POPCICLE sticks! Amazingly clever you guys! I am totally imporessed. Plus you made it pink and purple which are princess colors... so win win on both ends. Too cute! you need to make sure Malia knows that the read Indy 500 takes place in INDIANA and is a very famous event. love you!

Mad Queen said...

Oh, that was supposed to read "impressed" not whatever in the heck I wrote. Oops

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Malia actually made up her license plate name herself. And the popsicle sticks were by chance. I knew Kirra had some in her craft box and knew they would hold as a frame. Not until we were done did we realize it matched the theme. Funny.

Silly Monkeys said...

How Fun to be in a "Kindy 500" and have the license plate "ice princess". Her car was decorated really cute and very creative.